202 East Oak/PO Box 429
West Frankfort, Illinois 62896
Phone: 618.937.2127

Traditional Admissions > Entrance Requirements

Entrance Requirements
High School Students, GED, or Students with less than 24 College Credit Hours For current high school students or high school graduates (including all who graduated in 1993 or afterwards), home school students or graduates, persons with a GED, and college students who have less than twenty-four (24) transferable credit hours, the following coursework from high school or through home school is a requirement for admission: 4 Years of English, 3 Years of Social Studies, 3 Years of Mathematics, 3 Years of Science, and 2 Years of electives (music, language, art, vocational). Students must also have a High School GPA of 2.5/4.0 or greater. The following students are exempt from high school subject requirements: Students who graduated from secondary school (high school) before 1993, Students who have received their GED and whose composite ACT score is 20 or above, or, Veterans who have not been enrolled in any college course since discharge. If they have been enrolled in college courses, they must have maintained at least a 2.5/4.0 GPA. Otherwise, these veterans are subject to the same admission standards as all applicants.
Transfer Students
Students with twenty-four (24) or more transferable credits from an accredited institution may receive full acceptance if he or she has maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or more from all prior institutions, has remained in good standing with all prior institutions and has no student loans in default. Application Procedures must be followed and, as with all applicants, the Admissions Committee will evaluate character references and supplemental information based on General Qualifications.
Provisional Admission
Students who do not meet the admissions requirements may be admitted provisionally on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. All provisional admits are required to make an on-campus visit prior to acceptance.
Requirements for Admissions
All students in order to receive final admission, will be required to:
1. Complete FAFSA and have it sent to MC,
2. Complete Virtual Financial Aid (VFAO) through MC,
3. Request and receive approval for housing if transferring in less than 60 hours, send a deposit of $2000 to MC, due by April 1 or 20 days after acceptance. This can be done in payments.
4. On-campus visit and a face to face meeting with an approved member of the faculty/staff on case by case request.


Non-Degree Seeking Students
Persons interested in taking courses from Morthland College for continuing education but who do not intend to complete a degree may complete the Non-Degree Seeking Application available through the college website or in the Admissions Office. A non-degree seeking student may take no more than six (6) credits per semester and a maximum of 30 total credits without becoming a degree-seeking student. Non-degree seeking students who wish to become degree seeking must complete a full application and are subject to admissions requirements.
Minor Students
Students who have not achieved their 18th birthday but who wish to begin coursework at Morthland College may enroll with the permission of their parents or legal guardian. A Minor – Permission-to-Attend Form must be completed and signed by both the student and his or her parents/legal guardians and on file at Morthland College before student may be admitted.
Dual Status
Students who have not yet graduated from High School but who wish to begin coursework at Morthland College may enroll on a part-time basis until they have completed secondary education requirements (high school, home school, or a GED). Students who wish to enroll part-time in order to take course work at the Institution should:

– Send their high school or home school transcripts

– Take the COMPASS or ASSET test (if recommended by the Dean of Student Affairs or the Admissions Committee)

– If the student is a minor, submit a completed Minor – Permission-to-Attend Form from their parents or legal guardian granting the student permission to attend the Institution (see Minor Students above)

– If home schooled, request the local superintendent or principal to submit a letter designating the severed ties from the high school that would have been attended otherwise.

All documentation of education must be submitted, whether from a home-school curricula or portions of secondary education completed.