About Morthland > Articles of Faith
2. Jesus Christ is the incarnate Son of God, born of a virgin, fully God and fully man. He lived a sinless life and died a sacrificial death as a substitute for our sins. Jesus was buried for three days and bodily resurrected on the third day. He has ascended to Heaven and will in due time return to this earth to judge the unrighteous and gather the elect to Himself.
3. The Holy Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
4. The world and mankind were created in six literal days. Man was created in the image of God but was tempted by Satan and fell, thus rendering all mankind sinful and guilty, subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5. Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ and made available to each sinner by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
6. Heaven and Hell are a reality. Satan, his angels and those humans who have rejected Jesus Christ will be eternally separated from God. Those redeemed by Jesus Christ will live with God for eternity.
7. The Holy Spirit draws the sinner to salvation through the desire for faith in Jesus Christ and the conviction for repentance toward God.
8. The Holy Spirit indwells the individual believer and enables the believer to live a life pleasing unto God. The Holy Spirit also endows the believer with spiritual gifts for the work of service and building up of the body of Christ, which is the church.