202 East Oak/PO Box 429
West Frankfort, Illinois 62896
Phone: 618.937.2127

Online Admissions > Entrance Requirements

Entrance Requirements
For current high school students or high school graduates (including all who graduated in 1993 or afterwards), home school students or graduates, persons with a GED, and college students who have less than twelve (12) transferable credit hours, the following coursework from high school or through home school is a requirement for admission:

– 4 Years of English
– 3 Years of Social Studies
– 3 Years of Mathematics
– 3 Years of Science
– 2 Years of electives (music, language, art, vocational)

The following students are exempt from high school subject requirements:

– Students who graduated from secondary school (high school) before 1993
– Students who have received their GED and whose composite ACT score is 20 or above
– Veterans who have not been enrolled in any college course since discharge. If they have been enrolled in college courses, they must have maintained at least a “C” average. Otherwise, these veterans are subject to the same admission standards as all applicants.

In order to receive financial aid, a student must possess a high school diploma or GED or its equivalent. Other restrictions may apply as well.
Transfer Students
Students with twelve (12) or more transferable credits from an accredited institution may receive full acceptance if he or she has maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or more from all prior institutions and has remained in good standing with all prior institutions. Application Procedures must be followed and, as with all applicants, the Admissions Committee will evaluate character references and supplemental information based on General Qualifications.
Provisional Admission Status
If a student does not meet admission requirements, in certain cases with extenuating circumstances, the committee may elect to accept a student provisionally. Upon completion of a semester with the Institution, while maintaining at least a “C” average in all coursework, the provisional status may be changed to “admitted” status by the Institution and Admission Committee. If after one semester, a “C” average in each course is not maintained, the Provost or Dean of Academic Affairs may recommend a remediation plan or dismissal. In order to receive financial aid, a student must possess a high school diploma or GED or its equivalent.

Minor Students
Students who have not achieved their 18th birthday but who wish to begin coursework at Morthland College may enroll with the permission of their parents or legal guardian. A Minor – Permission-to-Attend Form must be completed and signed by both the student and his or her parents/legal guardians and on file at Morthland College before student may be admitted.
Dual Status
Students who have not yet graduated from High School but who wish to begin coursework at Morthland College may enroll on a part-time basis until they have completed secondary education requirements (high school, home school, or a GED). Students who wish to enroll part-time in order to take course work at the Institution should:

– Send their high school or home school transcripts

– Take the COMPASS or ASSET test (if recommended by the Dean of Student Affairs or the Admissions Committee)

– If the student is a minor, submit a completed Minor – Permission-to-Attend Form from their parents or legal guardian granting the student permission to attend the Institution (see Minor Students above)

– If home schooled, request the local superintendent or principal to submit a letter designating the severed ties from the high school that would have been attended otherwise.